All Apps and Add-ons

How to write a review on app in splunk base

sumanth_isac
Path Finder

Dear all,

I am getting only comment option in the splunkbase app page.
May i know how to write a review on the app in the splunkbase app page ?

Tags (3)
1 Solution

MuS
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi sumanth_isac & yoho

found this email I got end of May:

Dear Splunk App Developer,

I am contacting you because you have posted one or more apps on Splunkbase. As you know, we are constantly improving Splunkbase to make it a better and more flexible platform to share Splunk content. This includes adding new functionality as well as removing features that do not perform well.

Unfortunately, we have found app reviews to be ineffective. Users are confused by them and frequently misuse them to ask questions related to the installation or configuration of an app. As a result, these questions may not be properly addressed by the developer. Because of these issues, we have made a decision to decommission app reviews and to remove them from app details page. Don't worry, though
- users of your app will still be able to provide feedback using star ratings.

We recommend that you visit the details page for your app and take a look at the reviews for your app. As an app owner, you have three options:
1.  You can convert a review into a question. To do this, click on the "more" link below the review and select "convert to question". You will need to properly describe the question by providing a title for it.
2.  You can save a review's content and use it as a testimonial. To do this, copy and paste the text into the documentation of your app.
3.  You can choose to do nothing and the review will disappear from your app details page on or after 7/15/2013

cheers, MuS

View solution in original post

oprokhorenko_sp
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

The correct answer has already been given. 🙂 We have found app reviews to be ineffective and we are decommissioning them. You can still ask questions and tag them with "app name", as well as you can use star ratings to rate your app experience.

Feel free to ping me directly if you can any questions or concerns.

oprokhorenko_sp
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

App developers are instantly notified when somebody asks a question tagged with "app name".

0 Karma

yoho
Contributor

Thanks for clarification. It makes more sense to have everything in "splunk answers" indeed. I just hope app developers will subscribe to their own apps feed so they get notified everytime somebody talks about their app.

0 Karma

MuS
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi sumanth_isac & yoho

found this email I got end of May:

Dear Splunk App Developer,

I am contacting you because you have posted one or more apps on Splunkbase. As you know, we are constantly improving Splunkbase to make it a better and more flexible platform to share Splunk content. This includes adding new functionality as well as removing features that do not perform well.

Unfortunately, we have found app reviews to be ineffective. Users are confused by them and frequently misuse them to ask questions related to the installation or configuration of an app. As a result, these questions may not be properly addressed by the developer. Because of these issues, we have made a decision to decommission app reviews and to remove them from app details page. Don't worry, though
- users of your app will still be able to provide feedback using star ratings.

We recommend that you visit the details page for your app and take a look at the reviews for your app. As an app owner, you have three options:
1.  You can convert a review into a question. To do this, click on the "more" link below the review and select "convert to question". You will need to properly describe the question by providing a title for it.
2.  You can save a review's content and use it as a testimonial. To do this, copy and paste the text into the documentation of your app.
3.  You can choose to do nothing and the review will disappear from your app details page on or after 7/15/2013

cheers, MuS

sumanth_isac
Path Finder

Thank you, MuS for the info.

0 Karma

yoho
Contributor

I have the impression this feature has disappeared recently. Don't know whether it was intentional or not but it was not communicated.

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...