All Apps and Add-ons

How to troubleshoot data on-boarding for box integration of Users data (box:users) ?

thilakneni

Hi Splunkers,

I am trying to integrate Box cloud storage endpoint with only Users input to my splunk environment .But no logs are collected by splunk & No trace of error message.
There is INFO message as shown below for every time interval that the input is suppose to collect the log.

"INFO 1968 - Last request for endpoint=users has not been done yet"

Internal Error message recorded is given below:

INFO pid=6924 tid=MainThread file=Splunk_TA_box_input_checkpoint.py:handleList:43 | Checkpoint not found of box_users

Any help on resolving this checkpoint error will be very helpfull.

0 Karma

kamlesh_vaghela
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

@thilakneni

Can you please share Splunk Version & Splunk Add-on for Box version?

0 Karma

thilakneni

@kamlesh_vaghela

Splunk version is 7.1.2 & Splunk Add on version is 2.1.0

0 Karma

kamlesh_vaghela
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

@thilakneni
The error seems type INFO so we can ignore this line.. Is that any other error in box addon log file?
Few questions.

Have you installed fresh Box Addon OR upgraded from old version to new?

Can you please double check Box Account & Input Configurations? You can try by re configuring account.

The default interval is 604800 sec. So can you please try 300 sec or any less for testing?

0 Karma

thilakneni

--> Sometimes there are other Error Like IOError : Interrupted Function call Like below

2019-12-17 14:22:45,926 ERROR 8644 - Error Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Program Files\Splunk\etc\apps\Splunk_TA_box\bin\box_service.py", line 351, in stream_events
data_loader.run()
File "C:\Program Files\Splunk\etc\apps\Splunk_TA_box\bin\framework\data_loader.py", line 74, in run
go_exit = wakeup_q.get(timeout=sleep_time)
File "C:\Program Files\Splunk\Python-2.7\Lib\Queue.py", line 177, in get
self.not_empty.wait(remaining)
File "C:\Program Files\Splunk\Python-2.7\Lib\threading.py", line 359, in wait
_sleep(delay)
IOError: [Errno 4] Interrupted function call

--> I have installed Fresh Box add on.

--> Yeah,Also tried with different Box account. Still facing the same issue

--> Tried by setting time interval as 180 secs. Still facing the same issue

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Routing logs with Splunk OTel Collector for Kubernetes

The Splunk Distribution of the OpenTelemetry (OTel) Collector is a product that provides a way to ingest ...

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...