All Apps and Add-ons

How to fetch data from Cassandra Database through REST API?

abhayneilam
Contributor

Hi,

I have a Cassandra database which is only accessible though REST API (through authentication). I want to fetch the data from Cassandra database (NO SQL database) through SPLUNK. I am using Splunk DB Connect on the search head and using it, but it seems that that database is only accessible through API calls.

Could you please show some kind of solution to fetch the data from Cassandra DB through API in Splunk?

Cheers,
Abhay

=== UPDATE ===
See comments for help with the REST API Modular Input Configuration.

0 Karma

shiva2007

Hi Abhay,

Did you onboard cassandra logs? If you did can you please tell us the process here.

Thanks in advance,

0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

You're wasting your time with the Splunk DB Connect app. Have a look at the REST API Modular Input app (https://splunkbase.splunk.com/app/1546/). It looks like it will do what you need.

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.

abhayneilam
Contributor

Thanks for your response Rich .. Do I need to write any python programming to get the things done OR this application configuration will do the stuff !!

0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

The REST app should do what you need.

You could also create a scripted input that launches a python or Java program to make the REST call, but the app should be easier.

---
0 Karma

abhayneilam
Contributor

I have installed this app in my search head and when i click on the app "rest_ta", it shows a simple search page. There is nothing to configure so that I can connect to my cassandra DB to get the data through API.

0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

TA's usually are installed on indexers rather than search heads. I have no personal experience with that app, however, so I can't help much with it.

---
0 Karma

abhayneilam
Contributor

Well Rich, I have a cassandra box which is only accessible through REST API from the outer world.

And at the other end, I have Splunk Indexer in another box.

Now , In order to get the data to the Splunk Indexer how Do I get it through "REST_TA" modular inputs ?

Do I need to install "rest_ta" in the cassandra box and configure something OR how do get it configured to get the data in my splunk indexer.

Cheers,
Abhay

0 Karma

dipu20

hey did you find the solution to Splunk-Cassandra Integration?

0 Karma

ChrisG
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

I don't know much about it, but I know that DataStax has a Cassandra connector for Hunk. Are you using Hunk, or just Splunk Enterprise?

0 Karma

abhayneilam
Contributor

I am using only Splunk Enterprise !!

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...