All Apps and Add-ons

How to decode netflow_elements Key Values pair?

pkarpushin
Path Finder

I have configured splunk stream app to collect netflow data from network.
Incoming data is being collected and indexed well, however some fields in search output are shown as below:

input_snmpidx:   6  
netflow_elements:   [   [-] 
         UNKNOWN : 0ab132f5 
         UNKNOWN : 0ab1320b 
         UNKNOWN : 9f99 
         UNKNOWN : 00a1 
         UNKNOWN : 02   
         UNKNOWN : 07e9 
    ]   

Netflow exporter device is Cisco ASA Version 8.4(4)1.
I need to know an approach how to display these fields in a correct way.

Tags (2)
0 Karma

dhruvilbhatt

Hi @pkarpushin , 

Did you find a solution to this issue? I am facing the exactly same issue in my environment. I tried following THIS Splunk doc, but it didn't work. 

Let me know if you have any leads on this. 

0 Karma

Stan816
Explorer

I have a similar challenge - just a different source. Did anyone find an suitable approach?

netflow_elements: [ [-]
5951.638 : 0000
5951.352 : 0002
5951.353 : 2a91b70a
]

0 Karma

VatsalJagani
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

@Stan816 - 

I’m a Community Moderator in the Splunk Community. Thanks for contributing as a member in the forum!

This question was posted 4 years ago and might not get the attention you need for your own question to be answered. I suggest you please post a brand new question with proper details about the issue you are facing so your issue can get more visibility. To increase your chances of getting help from the community, follow these guidelines in the Splunk Answers User Manual when creating your post.

0 Karma

fox27374

Hi, did you manage to decode these values? I have the same problem with Cisco High Speed Logging.

Thanks!

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...