All Apps and Add-ons

How can I automate deployment server?

okumar1
Engager

Hi team,

in my environment  lets say say i have 1000 forwarders so in order to set deployment poll i can not go in each every forwarder and set ./splunk set deploy-server DS IP:8089.   in this scenario how we do set please clarify is there any automatic script?   thanks in advance

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

There is no automatic script, but you can write one.  Don't have it issue the set deploy-server command, however.  Have it delete $SPLUNK_HOME/etc/system/local/deploymentclient.conf.  Put this in an app called "fix_deployclient", but don't deploy it, yet.

Create a new app called "all_deployment_client" and add to it the existing $SPLUNK_HOME/etc/system/local/deploymentclient.conf file from one of your forwarders.  Set the app to restart splunkd when it deploys.

Now deploy all apps to all forwarders.  This will move the deployment server config to a custom app.  The next time you need to make a config change to your forwarders, modify the all_deployment_client app and re-deploy it.

Never use the set deploy-server command again.  Why?  Because that command puts entries in $SPLUNK_HOME/etc/system/loca/deploymentclient.conf, which overrides all other deploymentclient.conf files, making it impossible to make a change from the DS.

Another option is to use your company's management software (Ansible, Puppet, etc.) to change all of the forwarders.

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...