All Apps and Add-ons

Google Maps drilldown

jamesdon
Path Finder

Hello,

I am writing and adv. xml page that leverages the Google maps app to display where VPN users are. I now want to be able to click on the location to pull up a table of information on the users in that area. I enabled the drilldown parameter and noticed that I see a finger in place of the hand when hovered over a number. When I click it, it zooms in. I tried to turn off doubleClickZoom, but the results are the same.

Is it supposed to launch a search as is? Anyone else with this issue? Do I need to add an intention?

Thank you,

Jim

<!-- Google Map. -->
                  <module name="GenericHeader" layoutPanel="graphArea">
                    <param name="label">Google Map</param>
                  </module>
                  <module name="HiddenSearch" layoutPanel="graphArea" autoRun="true">
                      <param name="search"> | dedup vpn_index | localop | geoip public_ip</param>
                      <module name="GoogleMaps">
                        <param name="doubleClickZoom">off</param>
                        <param name="height">800px</param>
                        <param name="mapType">roadmap</param>
                        <param name="drilldown">true</param>
                        <param name="scrollwheel">off</param>
                        <param name="streetViewControl">on</param>
                      </module>
0 Karma
1 Solution

ziegfried
Influencer

The easiest way is probably to study the 2 demo views that ship with the app.

The module supports drilldown in 2 ways:

Custom field drilldown

When using the module in a custom dashboard, you can specify a drilldown field. All unique field values are then collected per location. When a marker or Cluster is clicked, those values are automatically combined/formatted in the form of

((<drilldown_field>=<value1>) OR (<drilldown_fields>=<value2) OR ...)

This partitial search string will be propagated to downstream modules as a setting (maps.drilldown) an can be leveraged using eg. a stringreplace intention.

Automatic drilldown

When there is no drilldown_field specified the drilldown can only happen when a marker is clicked that represents a single location (ie. not when a cluster is clicked). So when a marker with 2 or more locations (distinct _geo values) is clicked, the maps view will be centered on the cluster location and the zoom level will be incremented. In the case of a single location the module will propagate the setting maps.click containing the _geo value. This setting can be used in all kinds of intentions (stringreplace, addterm, etc) or using the GeoDrilldown Module which will essentially append | search _geo=<value> to the search string.

View solution in original post

ziegfried
Influencer

The easiest way is probably to study the 2 demo views that ship with the app.

The module supports drilldown in 2 ways:

Custom field drilldown

When using the module in a custom dashboard, you can specify a drilldown field. All unique field values are then collected per location. When a marker or Cluster is clicked, those values are automatically combined/formatted in the form of

((<drilldown_field>=<value1>) OR (<drilldown_fields>=<value2) OR ...)

This partitial search string will be propagated to downstream modules as a setting (maps.drilldown) an can be leveraged using eg. a stringreplace intention.

Automatic drilldown

When there is no drilldown_field specified the drilldown can only happen when a marker is clicked that represents a single location (ie. not when a cluster is clicked). So when a marker with 2 or more locations (distinct _geo values) is clicked, the maps view will be centered on the cluster location and the zoom level will be incremented. In the case of a single location the module will propagate the setting maps.click containing the _geo value. This setting can be used in all kinds of intentions (stringreplace, addterm, etc) or using the GeoDrilldown Module which will essentially append | search _geo=<value> to the search string.

jamesdon
Path Finder

Excellent, thank you! And thanks for the app too, it is AWESOME!!

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...

What’s New in Splunk Security Essentials 3.8.0?

Splunk Security Essentials (SSE) is an app that can amplify the power of your existing Splunk Cloud Platform, ...