All Apps and Add-ons

Google Maps app in Custom app view giving error on Windows but works on ubuntu

ranjyotiprakash
Communicator

I have my own app which was compatible with Splunk 5 which has a view which shows the ip-location on the Google maps, which was working properly earlier.

With Splunk 6 this app was working after making the changes in geoip.conf of maps app mentioned in following question :
http://answers.splunk.com/answers/135685

But, now on Splunk 6.2.1 (build 245427), Google maps is working properly on Ubuntu without making any change. But, On windows it always returns following error :

PARSER: Applying intentions failed Error in 'script': Getinfo probe failed for external search command 'geoip'
or
Error in 'script': Getinfo probe failed for external search command 'geoip'

with following traceback

alt text

When I tried doing the same search search from Google Maps view, the behavior is very random. Sometimes it shows the location on the map, sometimes not, and sometimes it failes with following error :

Error in 'script': Getinfo probe failed for external search command 'geoip'.

Please check the attached screenshot

alt text

Thanks.

0 Karma

kranthimutyala
Path Finder

in commands.conf file use this entry

[geoip]
local=true

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Routing logs with Splunk OTel Collector for Kubernetes

The Splunk Distribution of the OpenTelemetry (OTel) Collector is a product that provides a way to ingest ...

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...