All Apps and Add-ons

FAVM problem: error when running "enginebuilder.py"

hux

I'm following the instructions here to configure data collection on my FAVM. After copying the default "engine.conf" template and configuring it with my vCenter and ESXi details, I ran "enginebuilder.py -c". But this is the output (personal stuff changed, for obvious reasons):

Checking credentials on esx/i hosts...
   checking permissions of root on [my ESXi host]...
ERROR: root has insufficient permissions on [my ESXi host]:
ran command:# logincreator.pl --target [my ESXi host] --ad 'root' --adpwd '[password for root]'
output:

Created enginehierarchy.conf
Created engineinvvc1.conf
Created enginetaskeventlogs.conf
Created engineperf.conf
Created inputs.conf

Now Splunk needs a restart!

As you can see, I'm testing this with the ESXi server's root login, which obviously does have the necessary access!

I followed the troubleshooting steps at the bottom of this page and none of those apply: usernames, passwords, DNS, subnet and IP addresses are all present, tested and correct. So now I'm stumped.

Can anyone help? As it stands, I'm not able to progress any further. 😞

0 Karma

xuanyun
Path Finder

Hi!
How do you solve this issus?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...

What’s New in Splunk Security Essentials 3.8.0?

Splunk Security Essentials (SSE) is an app that can amplify the power of your existing Splunk Cloud Platform, ...