All Apps and Add-ons

Extracting results to a csv file

Djackson72

Hi,

I was wondering if I could do two things. I am new to splunk so please have mercy on me. I am looking for a query that will search inside a mailbox and look for a certain subject. Once it find that subject I would like to extract the recipients to a csv file for the last 40 days. Is this possible?

Labels (1)
0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

If your mailboxes are indexed in Splunk then Splunk can search them.  Splunk cannot reach out to your email provider to search your mail.

With your email indexed, Splunk can search for the specified subject and extract the recipients (if in the index).  The final results of the search can be saved to a CSV file by using the outputcsv command.  See https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/8.2.1/SearchReference/Outputcsv

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Announcing Scheduled Export GA for Dashboard Studio

We're excited to announce the general availability of Scheduled Export for Dashboard Studio. Starting in ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Watch Now!   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to leverage ...

More Control Over Your Monitoring Costs with Archived Metrics GA in US-AWS!

What if there was a way you could keep all the metrics data you need while saving on storage costs?This is now ...