All Apps and Add-ons

Exclude Strings in reports

wiz562
Engager

I'm just starting out with Splunk and had a question about the canned reports. In the *nix app, if you go to "Log Files" -> "Errors and Warnings", there are many false positives. It seems to be picking things up like "--error-log=" for mysql in my ps command and "Removing old error log entries..." in other log files.

Is there an easy way to edit these reports so that I can exclude certain terms?

0 Karma
1 Solution

jtrucks
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

On your Splunk server where the app is installed, copy the following from $SPLUNK_HOME/etc/apps/unix/default/ to $SPLUNK_HOME/etc/apps/unix/local/

eventtypes.conf
savedsearches.conf
tags.conf
transforms.conf
viewstates.conf

Then edit the various searches you want to change in the */local/ directory leaving everything in */default/ alone.

--
Jesse Trucks
Minister of Magic

View solution in original post

jtrucks
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

On your Splunk server where the app is installed, copy the following from $SPLUNK_HOME/etc/apps/unix/default/ to $SPLUNK_HOME/etc/apps/unix/local/

eventtypes.conf
savedsearches.conf
tags.conf
transforms.conf
viewstates.conf

Then edit the various searches you want to change in the */local/ directory leaving everything in */default/ alone.

--
Jesse Trucks
Minister of Magic
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Updated Team Landing Page in Splunk Observability

We’re making some changes to the team landing page in Splunk Observability, based on your feedback. The ...

New! Splunk Observability Search Enhancements for Splunk APM Services/Traces and ...

Regardless of where you are in Splunk Observability, you can search for relevant APM targets including service ...

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...