All Apps and Add-ons

Error when connecting to Informix database

bnerella
Engager

I am using Splunk 6.0 & creating connection in Splunk DB Connect. I am getting below error when I am trying to save connection to Informix database.
Encountered the following error while trying to update: In handler 'databases': JDBC driver (com.informix.jdbc.IfxDriver) for database type Informix is not installed

I have downloaded & installed Informix JDBC driver from IBM website. Informix version that I am using is 11.X.

Any help is highly appreciated.

0 Karma

mmohiuddin
Path Finder

If you are connecting to an Informix database, make sure the Informix JDBC driver (ifxjdbc.jar) is installed in $SPLUNK_HOME/etc/apps/dbx/bin/lib.

This should help in connecting the informix database.

Thanks,

Mohammed Mohiuddin

0 Karma

mmohiuddin
Path Finder

Also make sure in additional parameter for informix database when creating a new external database in splunk db connect, please enter the following parameters:

informix.server=<servername>

0 Karma

bnerella
Engager

Thanks for your response. Could you please provide required information to open a support ticket.

0 Karma

araitz
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Very difficult to tell what is going on based on the information provided. I would suggest that you open a support ticket and submit a diag file so we can get more information.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...