All Apps and Add-ons

Error message received when configuring "Splunk Add-on for Unix and Linux"

splunkcloudnoob
Explorer

When I try to configure the "Splunk Add-on for Unix and Linux" app in Splunk Cloud I receive an error message that states: "There was an unexpected problem while saving the inputs. Please reload the page and try again."

This error message is vague and I am not sure what to do next.

Does anyone have a solution?

Labels (2)
0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

What did you find in the log?

index=_internal source="*splunkd.log"
---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.

splunkcloudnoob
Explorer

Here are a few of the messages in the log:

INFO TcpOutputProc - Found currently active indexer. Connected to idx=[Ip address]:9997, reuse=1

ERROR ExecProcessor - message from "Applications/SplunkForwarder/etc/apps/Splunk_TA_nix/bin/protocol.sh" netstat: sysctl: net.inet.ip.input_perf_data: No such file or directory

HttpListener - Socket error from [IP address] :33544 while idling: error:1407609C

INFO ChunkedLBProcessor - Failed to find EVENT_BREAKER regex in props.conf for sourcetype::Unix:Service. Reverting to the default EVENT_BREAKER regex for now

0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust
The INFO messages can be ignored. Since this is Splunk Cloud your options are fairly limited. Consider re-installing the app, if the GUI will let you, or opening a support ticket.
---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.

splunkcloudnoob
Explorer

So I am currently on a 15 day free trial so apparently I am not entitled to open support tickets - I contacted the sales team via voicemail and via email.  I'll post back here once I have a solution.

0 Karma

figmentbritton
Engager

Did you get a response from support?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...