All Apps and Add-ons

Error installing NetApp

Bill_B
Communicator

I am setting up a linux server with Splunk 6.0.4. I want to install "Splunk App for NetApp Data ONTAP". I followed the instructions for downloading and installing the app. After installing from file and restarting splunk, the app fails to appear in Splunk Home. When I tried to re-install from file I receive the error: "App with this name already exists."; yet still no app displayed in Splunk Home.

Anyone know how to fix this?
Thanks.

0 Karma

Masa
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Can you double-check the app packages exists in $SPLUNK_HOME/etc/apps directory?

1. Download the app manually
  2. Unzip is in a temp location to make sure there are packages ( etc/apps/$packages )
  3. Copy the packages to your $SPLUNK_HOME/etc/apps directory. ( Check permissions are okay )
  4. Restart Splunk

If you're using VMware app v3.1, You have to use the SA-Util and SA-Hyddra from VMware app, instead of those ones from the NetApp app.

Hope this helps.

0 Karma

arjun_roy

FOLLOWED THE SAME PROCEDURE BUT ITS NOT WORKING, LOCALHOST:8000 PAGE DISPLAYS - PAGE NOT FOUND .

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...