All Apps and Add-ons

Error in 'script': Getinfo probe failed for external search command 'dbquery'

BobKimata
Path Finder

Hi
I upgraded DB Connect, I haven't changed anything after the update apart from restarting Splunk. Suddenly I am getting this error where my searched data is supposed to be : Error in 'script': Getinfo probe failed for external search command 'dbquery'

I have looked for a solution here to no avail. Another observation is when i check the status of my java bridge server it stays indefinitely at loading...
Please assist on this issue. Some solutions provided in this forum don't seem to work for me.

Thanks
Bob

0 Karma

ppablo
Retired

Hi @BobKimata

If you upgraded from Splunk DB Connect 1 to Splunk DB Connect 2, this topic in the latest documentation for the app says that the dbquery command was removed in Splunk DB Connect 2.0.0 and later. The alternatives are mentioned just below that.
http://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/DBX/2.0.3/DeployDBX/Commands#For_upgraders

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Database Performance Sidebar Panel Now on APM Database Query Performance & Service ...

We’ve streamlined the troubleshooting experience for database-related service issues by adding a database ...

IM Landing Page Filter - Now Available

We’ve added the capability for you to filter across the summary details on the main Infrastructure Monitoring ...

Dynamic Links from Alerts to IM Navigators - New in Observability Cloud

Splunk continues to improve the troubleshooting experience in Observability Cloud with this latest enhancement ...