All Apps and Add-ons

EMC XtremIO Add-on for Splunk Enterprise: How to add multiple EMC appliances to a single heavy forwarder?

tmarlette
Motivator

I am attempting to configure the EMX XtremIO Add-on for Splunk Enterprise with multiple appliances. In total, I have 6 of varying sizes, 3 each in 2 separate data centers.

I have 2 heavy forwarders I have the add-on installed on, 1 in each Datacenter, and I am attempting to add multiple XtremeIO appliances levering the 'setup' feature through the 'manage apps' menu and I keep getting an error.

That error looks like this:

Encountered the following error while trying to update: In handler 'localapps': Error while posting to url=/servicesNS/nobody/TA-EMC-XtremIO/xtremiocustom/xtremioendpoint/setupentity

How can I add another XtremIO device to a single heavy forwarder?

0 Karma
1 Solution

tmarlette
Motivator

I have resolved this issue. Apparently the script does a 'connectivity check' to the destination, and that was failing.
The error was due to a lack of connectivity on port 80, and after opening a firewall, this issue is now resolved. Adding another appliance is as easy as doing the 'setup' a second time for that host.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

tmarlette
Motivator

I have resolved this issue. Apparently the script does a 'connectivity check' to the destination, and that was failing.
The error was due to a lack of connectivity on port 80, and after opening a firewall, this issue is now resolved. Adding another appliance is as easy as doing the 'setup' a second time for that host.

0 Karma

trapti_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

The above error could be caused by incorrect credentials of XtremIO server.
Since this app collects data from XtremIO environment through REST API calls, please make sure you are providing credentials of your XtremIO server same as used for web login. Also, once you enter the credentials successfully, you can check an entry in TA-EMC-XtremIO/local/app.conf file.

Following is a sample stanza from app.conf :
[credential:10.0.1.7:admin:]
password = $1$RZ6XaC9K

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Announcing Scheduled Export GA for Dashboard Studio

We're excited to announce the general availability of Scheduled Export for Dashboard Studio. Starting in ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Watch Now!   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to leverage ...

More Control Over Your Monitoring Costs with Archived Metrics GA in US-AWS!

What if there was a way you could keep all the metrics data you need while saving on storage costs?This is now ...