All Apps and Add-ons

Does the add-on for jira work?

a212830
Champion

Hi,

I'm trying out the add-on for Jira, but can't seem to get it working. When I execute the provided jira examples, no results come back. I also noticed that nothing gets logged into splunkd (or any other log). Is there anything specific that needs to be done? I updated the config.ini and moved the jira.conf to ../local.

0 Karma

ruman_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

It works for me, but of course I'm the maintainer, so it's certainly possible it's broken in lots of ways I'm unaware of 🙂 A somewhat different version of the same app is working for Splunk internally.

Please try accessing the API via curl using the hostname, username, and password you've got configured in config.ini, to verify that the API is open and your credentials are correct. You could try, for example

curl -u USERNAME "https://jira.example.com/rest/api/2/filter/favourite?expand"

If that's working, but the app isn't, can you let me know what version of Splunk you're running, and what query you're using in Splunk that isn't returning the expected results?

briancronrath
Contributor

I can run that curl with my user creds that are in my config and get good data back, yet I'm not getting anything to return in splunk. The real kicker for me is that I used to be able to get data back through the splunk command, but after someone opened up permissions for the user to view more projects, it just returns nothing anymore in the splunk command. Any ideas?

0 Karma

a212830
Champion

Thanks. I'll try that out.

Ever consider setting up profiles that could be called with this? Similar to db connect?

0 Karma

ruman_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

yes! i know there's an issue for this in github, i think there might even be a pull request for it...

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Routing logs with Splunk OTel Collector for Kubernetes

The Splunk Distribution of the OpenTelemetry (OTel) Collector is a product that provides a way to ingest ...

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...