All Apps and Add-ons

DB connect data Input not working in splunk. Please help.

saikatr
Path Finder

We have a database data input which has stopped pulling data from an oracle database over the last 7-8 hours. I have tried disabling and re enabling the data inputs to no effect. i have also gone to manage apps> splunk DB connect>view objects and disabled and re enabled the object related to that database but no luck there either.

Then i tried to restart the splunk services on the indexers, one of them started fine but the other one keeps going into upgrade setup every time we try to start or stop it (it mistakes the start/stop for upgrade request, I presume).

1. Has anyone faced this forced upgrade issue before? How to troubleshoot it?
  2. Do you think the two issues are related? Will restarting services on the indexer solve the first issue?
0 Karma

jcoates_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

For this sort of urgent issue, it's probably better to call support... I'm not seeing which version of DB Connect or Splunk you're using, which would definitely affect the potential answer.

saikatr
Path Finder

Also we tried to create a diagnosis file on the indexer server, for adding to a splunk.com case I have already raised, but even the diag command is making the upgrade setup open up and we are unable to capture the diag file.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...