All Apps and Add-ons

DB Connect SQL Explorer Not Working

alonsocaio
Contributor

Hi,

I am trying to run some SQL queries using SQL Explorer on DB Connect app, but It looks like the queries are not finishing. Every query I execute keeps on 20% of completion and does not load any result.

Also, all of my inputs that are configured on DB Connect app are working as expected, the issue is happening only when I try configuring new inputs or when I use the SQL Explorer tab.

I have already tried to run the queries using different users and browsers, and I have already restarted Splunk service, but the issue is still occurring.

Does anyone has ever faced some issue like this one before on Db Connect? Any tips on what can be the cause of this error?

Thanks in advance.

Labels (2)
Tags (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

alonsocaio
Contributor

I was able to solve this issue by setting the dbxquery stanza under local/commands.conf

This stanza is commented under default/commands.conf, I had to add this to local so I could revert dbxquery to version 3.2.0

[dbxquery]
run_in_preview = false
filename = java.path
chunked = true
command.arg.1 = -Dlogback.configurationFile=../config/command_logback.xml
command.arg.2 = -DDBX_COMMAND_LOG_LEVEL=INFO
command.arg.3 = -cp
command.arg.4 = ../jars/dbxquery.jar
command.arg.5 = com.splunk.dbx.command.DbxQueryCommand

The solution was found on the following question: Splunk DB connect DBX Query error - Splunk Community

View solution in original post

0 Karma

alonsocaio
Contributor

I was able to solve this issue by setting the dbxquery stanza under local/commands.conf

This stanza is commented under default/commands.conf, I had to add this to local so I could revert dbxquery to version 3.2.0

[dbxquery]
run_in_preview = false
filename = java.path
chunked = true
command.arg.1 = -Dlogback.configurationFile=../config/command_logback.xml
command.arg.2 = -DDBX_COMMAND_LOG_LEVEL=INFO
command.arg.3 = -cp
command.arg.4 = ../jars/dbxquery.jar
command.arg.5 = com.splunk.dbx.command.DbxQueryCommand

The solution was found on the following question: Splunk DB connect DBX Query error - Splunk Community

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...