All Apps and Add-ons

Cybervision Add On SSL Certificate

lizo
Engager

I am getting the error "SSL certificate verification failed. Please add a valid SSL Certificate or Change VERIFY_SSL flag to False" when attempting to add a new account in the configuration for the Cybervision add on. I am interested in setting the verify_ssl to false, but am having a difficult time finding the location to change this. Does anyone know the path/file that I can make this change on?

Labels (1)
Tags (2)

db1
Engager

I had the same error using a local instance of Cisco Cyber Vision and local Splunk Enterprise on Windows. 

I modified the file located at C:\Program Files\Splunk\etc\apps\TA-cisco_cybervision\bin\TA_cisco_cybervision_utils.py and changed VERIFY_SSL=True to VERIFY_SSL=False at the top of the document. The location of this file may be different depending on your installation.

I saved and restarted Splunk Enterprise (Settings>Server Controls>Restart Splunk)
Now when I try it again it works 🙂

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...