All Apps and Add-ons

Cisco Secure eStreamer Client Add-On | Install Location

jmr
Explorer

My organization is a Splunk Cloud subscriber, and I am working on installing the Cisco Secure eStreamer Client Add-On. Currently, on-prem, we have one Heavy Forwarder (enterprise server) and two UF forwarding events to our cloud indexer.

I am wondering what is the best practice for installing the eStreamer Client Add-On. Does the eStreamer Client Add-On have to be installed on the HF or can it go on the UF?

I previously installed it on the HF, but it caused errors with I/O latency (there are many millions of events coming from the Cisco FMC). I'm wondering if there is any way to distribute the load - I know the UF is better for handling many events.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Labels (3)
0 Karma
1 Solution

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

The add-on requires Python so it must be installed on a HF.  This is per the docs at https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/security/firepower/70/api/eNcore/eNcore_Operations_Guide_v08.h...

Consider standing up a separate HF for eStreamer inputs.

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

The add-on requires Python so it must be installed on a HF.  This is per the docs at https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/security/firepower/70/api/eNcore/eNcore_Operations_Guide_v08.h...

Consider standing up a separate HF for eStreamer inputs.

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.
0 Karma

jmr
Explorer

Thank you. 

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Splunk Observability Cloud | Unified Identity - Now Available for Existing Splunk ...

Raise your hand if you’ve already forgotten your username or password when logging into an account. (We can’t ...

Index This | How many sides does a circle have?

February 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

Registration for Splunk University is Now Open!

Are you ready for an adventure in learning?   Brace yourselves because Splunk University is back, and it's ...