All Apps and Add-ons

Can we create DB Connect inputs in separate app?

rahulroy_splunk
Path Finder

I'm using DB Connect 3.1.4 on Splunk 7.1. My db inputs were created in separate app, one app for each app area. I've installed 3.1.4 version of DB connect, did the migration of database inputs, but they're failing with following error:

ConfMigrationFailException: Fail to migration conf input, stanza name '.......'

It fails even if I copy the db_inputs.conf file to splunk_app_db_connect app itself. Any new connection I make works fine. Any idea why the migrated ones are not working?

paulbannister
Communicator

Hi There,

What version of DB Connect and Splunk were the original inputs created under, also why is there a requirement to create said inputs under a separate app?

But as quick fix, as I've experienced a db migration issue before, just re-create the db input as a new input and all should work fine

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...