All Apps and Add-ons

Can I do continuous Packet Capture with Splunk Streams?

davidwaugh
Path Finder

Hi I have a requirement for Continous Packet Capture with Splunk Streams. For example, I want to capture all traffic on port 25 and then save it to disk, so that I can retrieve the pcap at a later date for further investigation.

I saw in the notes that its says "Packet stream capture is ephemeral" which means its for a short period of time.
Can I just confirm then, that Splunk Streams can not do a continuous capture of network traffic and save it to a pcap?

0 Karma
1 Solution

davidwaugh
Path Finder

Hi had it confirmed by our Splunk account manager, than Splunk Streams can only do packet captures for a period of time, and not continuously.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

davidwaugh
Path Finder

Hi had it confirmed by our Splunk account manager, than Splunk Streams can only do packet captures for a period of time, and not continuously.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Get ready to show some Splunk Certification swagger at .conf24!

Dive into the deep end of data by earning a Splunk Certification at .conf24. We're enticing you again this ...

Built-in Service Level Objectives Management to Bridge the Gap Between Service & ...

Now On-Demand Join us to learn more about how you can leverage Service Level Objectives (SLOs) and the new ...

Database Performance Sidebar Panel Now on APM Database Query Performance & Service ...

We’ve streamlined the troubleshooting experience for database-related service issues by adding a database ...