All Apps and Add-ons

Azure API permissions for Splunk Add-on for Microsoft Cloud Services?

jwalzerpitt
Influencer

Are there any API permissions to assign to the Splunk Add-on for Microsoft Cloud Services? I did grant the Active Directory Application read access as a role under IAM, but there is nothing in the documentation that states if API permissions for the app in Azure is needed at all.

When I check the app's API permissions, the only right I see is for Microsoft Graph, User.Read with Type set to 'Delegated' and Description set to 'Sign in and read user profile'.

Just wondering if any additional API permissions need to be assigned.

Thx

Labels (2)
0 Karma

jconger
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Here is a spreadsheet detailing the necessary permissions for various add-on's and their inputs.

http://bit.ly/Splunk_Azure_Permissions

For the Splunk Add-on for Microsoft Cloud Services, you do not need any special API permissions, but you do need to grant your Azure AD app registration Reader access to your subscription.

thormanrd
Path Finder

Do you have the same matrix for authentication extensions where Azure SSO is the IdP and SAML is the used?

0 Karma

jwalzerpitt
Influencer

TYVM or posting!

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...

What’s New in Splunk Security Essentials 3.8.0?

Splunk Security Essentials (SSE) is an app that can amplify the power of your existing Splunk Cloud Platform, ...

Let’s Get You Certified – Vegas-Style at .conf24

Are you ready to level up your Splunk game? Then, let’s get you certified live at .conf24 – our annual user ...