All Apps and Add-ons

Assistance adding earliest and latest to a search without creating a massive lookup table.

Hutch
Path Finder

Hello Splunkers,

I think I could be over thinking the search below. I am working on adding an earliest and latest time to the search, but I need to ensure that there are no duplicates being stored in the lookup table. Anybody have any recommendations?

My first impression is that we could have a lookup table that could become very large over time. If we not not run the search over all-time, which we are trying not to do.

index=salesforce eventtype=sfdc_object sourcetype="sfdc:account" 
| eval object_type="Account" 
| rename Name AS object_name 
| sort 0 - _time 
|  dedup Id 
| eval object_id= substr(Id, 1, len(Id)-3) 
| table  LastModifiedDate, LastModifiedById, Id, object_id, object_name, object_type, AccountNumber 
| outputlookup lookup_sfdc_accounts.csv

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Karma
1 Solution

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

I don't understand how setting earliest and latest are expected to prevent duplicates in a lookup file.  The dedup command will remove duplicates and the outputlookup command will overwrite existing data in the lookup to again prevent duplicates.

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

I don't understand how setting earliest and latest are expected to prevent duplicates in a lookup file.  The dedup command will remove duplicates and the outputlookup command will overwrite existing data in the lookup to again prevent duplicates.

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Threat Hunting Unlocked: How to Uplevel Your Threat Hunting With the PEAK Framework ...

WATCH NOWAs AI starts tackling low level alerts, it's more critical than ever to uplevel your threat hunting ...

Splunk APM: New Product Features + Community Office Hours Recap!

Howdy Splunk Community! Over the past few months, we’ve had a lot going on in the world of Splunk Application ...

Index This | Forward, I’m heavy; backward, I’m not. What am I?

April 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...