All Apps and Add-ons

Are there any specific RHEL library/package/kernel dependency requirements for Splunk?

vanderaj2
Path Finder

Hello Splunkers!

The UNIX operations team on my program are standing up some new RedHat 7 servers to host Splunk Enterprise. They have asked me if there are any specific library/package/kernel dependency requirements needed to support Splunk on RedHat 7?

I did some research and came across a similar question that someone else asked about Debian: https://answers.splunk.com/answers/218979/what-software-package-dependencies-are-there-for-s.html

I have the feeling that the same is true for RedHat, but wanted to check.

Thank you!

Tags (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

datasearchninja
Communicator

It requires glibc which will be in all rhel base installs.

View solution in original post

datasearchninja
Communicator

It requires glibc which will be in all rhel base installs.

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Built-in Service Level Objectives Management to Bridge the Gap Between Service & ...

Wednesday, May 29, 2024  |  11AM PST / 2PM ESTRegister now and join us to learn more about how you can ...

Get Your Exclusive Splunk Certified Cybersecurity Defense Engineer at Splunk .conf24 ...

We’re excited to announce a new Splunk certification exam being released at .conf24! If you’re headed to Vegas ...

Share Your Ideas & Meet the Lantern team at .Conf! Plus All of This Month’s New ...

Splunk Lantern is Splunk’s customer success center that provides advice from Splunk experts on valuable data ...