All Apps and Add-ons

Apps deployed on forwarders from deployment server has owner root

deovratdeshmukh
Loves-to-Learn

I have setup a deployment server which manages multiple forwarders. All my instances run with user splunk.

When I try to push apps from deployment server to forwarders the owner of the app reflects as "root" which should be splunk otherwise the app doesn't works.

It is very inconvenient to login to each forwarder and change the owner to splunk and restart the service again after the app is pushed.

Any solution for this?

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Karma

Omar_hh77
Observer

Hello, I've been facing the same issue

where you able to find the reason for this?

0 Karma

isoutamo
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi

Are your DS and DCs all linux servers or have you Windows DS? If later then you must change your DS to linux.

r. Ismo

0 Karma

mhotsi
Explorer

Make sure Splunk reboots as user Splunk not root.

0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Have you verified the ownership of $SPLUNK_HOME/etc/deployment-apps (on the deployment server) and everything within it?

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.
0 Karma

deovratdeshmukh
Loves-to-Learn

Yes, everything in deployment-apps has owner as "splunk".

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...