All Apps and Add-ons

App for linux scripts not showing data

aramp
Explorer

Hello there

I have this issue in the "Splunk app for unix/linux" I cannot see data under the web interface for host, memory, cpu..

got this error:

(Web view)
Specification
CPU: unknown - is cpu.sh enabled?
RAM: unknown - is vmstat.sh enabled?
Disk: unknown - is df.sh enabled?
Capacity: unknown - is df.sh enabled?

but when I go to setting page for configuring in the preview mode I'm able to see data..

** I already run scripts directly at server(forwarder) and works well (with splunk forwarder user)
** When I tried to search info (cpu for example) in the "search tab" I'm able to see the info..
**The sysstat package is already installed .
**I verify the index=OS is in default view

Thanks for your help

sloshburch
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Check out what's on Troubleshoot the Splunk App for Unix and Linux. The part on dropdowns.csv might be effective here.

0 Karma

pappjr
Path Finder

The dashboards use macros and form tokens. The form tokens are populated from the dropdowns which I believe are populated by a lookup generating search. Are your dropdowns populated on the home dashboard?

tobais
Engager

Same issue and yes the drop downs populate with Group = Default (there are about 50 servers showing up in that group under settings>category)...it just spins "Searching for data" and nothing loads. When I enabled the .sh scripts the first time, got a blurb of data for about 20 minutes, then nothing. Data is loaded into index, sourcetypes, everything...just the app dashboards are dead.

0 Karma

jpapp

@tobias - are you accessing these dashboards as a user with the "admin" role? This will help rule out any potential permissions issues.

0 Karma

adonio
Ultra Champion

try and search index=os and verify the data is there first

0 Karma

aramp
Explorer

yep data Is already display in search mode..

0 Karma

adonio
Ultra Champion

is it a single splunk instance?

0 Karma

aramp
Explorer

I have one server configured as indexer with the app for linux installed:
This server is receiving the forwarder info.

And other server as heavy forwarder with the add on installed, I have no distributed environments yet.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...