All Apps and Add-ons

App Exporter

kennethhartley1
Engager

When using "App Exporter" where does the app go after you hit the "export" button. It doesn't look like the app is working. Do I open a folder and hit ctrl V or something?

Thank you in advance.

0 Karma

MuS
Legend

Hi kennethhartley1,

It's I again 🙂

The app hits the REST endpoint /services/apps/local/$$title$$/package to create the app package, and https://$row.splunk_server$:$row.mgmt_port$/static/app-packages/$row.name$.spl to download the package to your computer.

Try to do it with an account that has the admin role to be sure to have the correct capabilities. Nevertheless I summon @martin_mueller the creator of the app just in case he needs to add something.

Hope this helps ...

cheers, MuS

martin_mueller
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

That path is burned into the REST endpoint used by the app: http://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/7.1.2/RESTREF/RESTapps#apps.2Flocal.2F.7Bname.7D.2Fpacka...

What version are you on?

0 Karma

martin_mueller
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Correct. On the server file system they sit in etc/system/static/app-packages or something similar, should be mentioned in the package endpoint rest docs.

0 Karma

kennethhartley1
Engager

Whups, put that question in the wrong spot. Here it is:

Thank you for such a quick response, gentlemen. I am still having trouble, though.

Perhaps it is because I am running standalone machines with no network access and no LAN but the etc/system/static path ends with no apppackages folder/file. Could app exporter be creating the package somewhere else?

I am using my admin account and have mostly all default settings in my Splunk instances.

0 Karma

kundeng
Path Finder

Getting direct download is deprecated on splunk 9.X?  The app_exporter has many issues, but the biggest one is that it no longer works in splunk cloud as far as I can tell. 

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...