All Apps and Add-ons

After installing NMON Performance Monitor for Unix and LInux Systems on Linux universal forwarders, why am I getting "Possible typo in stanza..." errors?

banderson7
Communicator

First of all, this is a great app, thank you!
This is version 1.6.15, according to the home screen of the nmon app.
When I install the TA on a Universal Forwarder and reboot, I'm presented with the following:

Possible typo in stanza [nmon_data] in /opt/splunkforwarder/etc/apps/TA-nmon/default/props.conf, line 47: FIELD_DELIMITER = ,
Possible typo in stanza [nmon_data] in /opt/splunkforwarder/etc/apps/TA-nmon/default/props.conf, line 48: FIELD_QUOTE = "
Possible typo in stanza [nmon_data] in /opt/splunkforwarder/etc/apps/TA-nmon/default/props.conf, line 49: HEADER_FIELD_LINE_NUMBER = 1
Possible typo in stanza [nmon_data] in /opt/splunkforwarder/etc/apps/TA-nmon/default/props.conf, line 52: INDEXED_EXTRACTIONS = csv
Possible typo in stanza [nmon_data] in /opt/splunkforwarder/etc/apps/TA-nmon/default/props.conf, line 55: TIMESTAMP_FIELDS = ZZZZ

How do I resolve this? Thanks.

0 Karma
1 Solution

guilmxm
Influencer

Hello !

Thank you 😉 I'm glad you like !

Please Check the Universal forwarder version, it must be 6.x, version 5.x or previous are not compatible.

Guilhem

View solution in original post

0 Karma

guilmxm
Influencer

Hello !

Thank you 😉 I'm glad you like !

Please Check the Universal forwarder version, it must be 6.x, version 5.x or previous are not compatible.

Guilhem

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...