All Apps and Add-ons

ARM v7 support? (RPI3, etc)

dsctm3
Path Finder

The Splunk forwarder currently available (as of 6.6) is only packaged for ARM v6 only and not ARM v7

Any word on being able to obtain a Splunk Forwarder package for ARM v7?

Reasoning:
Newer versions of Raspberry PI (such as RPI3) and similar boards such as beaglebone are using the ARM v7 architecture. ARM v6 code as far as I am aware cannot run on ARM v7 architecture.

Would be nice to use Splunk for a project I have using raspberry PI's - relying on rsyslog to forward logs via network-base syslog not ideal.

francesco_brizz
Engager

Any news for arm v7 ?

0 Karma

pbalsley
Path Finder

Splunk now has a normal linux ARM UF you can download from their normal splunk download section. The App is no longer the correct UF for the pi.

I have it running on my Pi v3.

0 Karma

dsctm3
Path Finder

Are you certain? What image are you running on the PI? (Ubuntu, Raspian?) The forwarder package available under Splunk Downloads (no, not the app, the actual Universal forwarder) is listing availability only or ARM v6... I tried just for fun and it wouldn't execute.

0 Karma

pbalsley
Path Finder

uname -a
Linux pi-01 4.9.28-v7+ #998 SMP Mon May 15 16:55:39 BST 2017 armv7l GNU/Linux

I have the ARM splunk UF v 6.6.1 running on two Pi's v3 model b

0 Karma

dsctm3
Path Finder

Yeah, looks like Raspian. Will take a look again with Raspian and see if it's just a Ubuntu/PI issue.

0 Karma

pbalsley
Path Finder

Looks like Splunk took down the APP link for this. Normally this means they are updating the app and it will be published soon. I hope so I'm trying to deploy several PI v3 and want to use the forwarder!! 🙂

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...

What’s New in Splunk Security Essentials 3.8.0?

Splunk Security Essentials (SSE) is an app that can amplify the power of your existing Splunk Cloud Platform, ...

Let’s Get You Certified – Vegas-Style at .conf24

Are you ready to level up your Splunk game? Then, let’s get you certified live at .conf24 – our annual user ...