Alerting

field value occurence treshold

HansK
Path Finder

I want to create an alert with a certain treshold

I have this query:
host="abc0*" DN=* NOT DN="45643232*" NOT DN="53222455*"

Any time a distinct DN occurs more than 10 times per second I would like to be alerted.

How can I set this up?

0 Karma

rturk
Builder

Using the _internal index, here's the best approximation I can give you (my server name is "Voyager-2"):

index=_internal | timechart span=1s count by host | search Voyager-2>10

So in your case, something like this should do the trick:

host="abc0" DN= NOT DN="45643232" NOT DN="53222455" | timechart span=1s count by host

Then you create an alert based on your saved search that will trigger if the number of results is greater than 10.

Hope this helps 🙂

0 Karma

HansK
Path Finder

hmm, still alerting when there are 10 occurence of any DN, not when a single DN is >10

0 Karma

rturk
Builder

Ahh in that case, try this:

host="abc0" DN= NOT DN="45643232" NOT DN="53222455" | timechart span=1s dc(_raw) by DN

0 Karma

HansK
Path Finder

host="abc0" DN= NOT DN="45643232" NOT DN="53222455" | timechart span=1s count by DN

This comes closer than I was, but this will alert if the occurence of DN is higher than 10 per second.

DN can hold many values, I need it to alert when a distinct value occurs more than 10 times per second.

Thanks for helping though

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...