Alerting

Why is my scheduled alert not sending email?

DerekB
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

I have a scheduled alert configured and I am not receiving any email from it. The search is valid and matches records. I have the proper permissions. Alert history shows 'successful' result and job inspection shows e-mail was sent.

Where is my email?

0 Karma

rakeshh123
Path Finder

OK
first U have to go to server settings and check if SSL is enabled in Splunk Web ....... if not enable it...Restart it
If u r not getting mail after restart then go to
1.Gmail --------> Settings -----------> Forwarding and POP/IMAP---------> IMAP Access------>
IMAP Access: enable it ......

1. Gmail --------> Myaccount -----------> Sign-in & security----------> Connected apps & sites------> Allow less secure apps: enable it .......

DerekB
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Check your TLS setting.

In this case, it was found that the "TLS" delivery had been set for email settings. No credentials or target defined.

Reset the TLS delivery to "none" and that restored e-mail flow from Search Head

0 Karma

gyslainlatsa
Motivator

hi DerekB,

you use what operating system?

0 Karma

DerekB
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Ubuntu was the OS.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...