Alerting

Why am I getting multiple email notices per minute from Splunk?

usbamuchmore

I have inherited a medium install of Splunk, and for the most part, I understand everything. But, a simple account locked alert is sending multiple, multiple email notices per minute, and I don't understand why. I'll include a screenshot so anyone who sees something let me know. The purpose is to check for real-time account lockouts aalt textnd notify only once.

Tags (2)
0 Karma
1 Solution

Vijeta
Influencer

Probably its because of real-time alert. You can schedule it to run every 1 min for the window of last 60 seconds i.e. 1 minute.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

usbamuchmore

Perfect guys thank you!

0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

In addition to the great answer from @Vijeta, turn on throttling. This keeps Splunk from generating additional alerts for the same event(s) for a period of time. To do that, click on the "Throttle" box, complete the form, and click Save.

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.

usbamuchmore

The throttling did it, thank you, guys!

0 Karma

Vijeta
Influencer

Probably its because of real-time alert. You can schedule it to run every 1 min for the window of last 60 seconds i.e. 1 minute.

0 Karma

usbamuchmore

Ok good. Thank you, clearly, I'm very new to Splunk in general.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...