Alerting

What is the query string to create an alert to trigger when another user creates an alert?

jordanm
Observer

Hello -

We are trying to determine how to create an alert to tell us when other users create alerts. I'm aware this is somewhat recursive thinking.

index=_internal sourcetype=scheduler user=maidman | eval is_realtime=if(searchmatch("sid=rt* OR concurrency_category=real-time_scheduled"),"yes","no")
|table savedsearch_name, user, date_hour, date_minute

Tells me when an alert ran but not the creation date.

Labels (1)
0 Karma

renjujacob88
Path Finder

The logic below populates all the alerts to the test_alert_track lookup and display the alerts which are created within one day.

|rest splunk_server=local /servicesNS/-/search/saved/searches | search alert.track=1
| eval updated = strptime(updated,"%Y-%m-%dT%H:%M:%S")
| stats max(updated) as lastTime min(updated) as firsTime values(author) as author values(alert.track) as alert.track by title
| inputlookup append=t test_alert_track.csv
| stats min(firsTime) as firsTime max(lastTime) as lastTime values(author) as author values(alert.track) as alert.track by title
| outputlookup test_alert_track.csv
| search author!=nobody
| where now()-firsTime < 86400

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...