Alerting

Uncompressed results.csv

knutsod
Path Finder

I have an alert that triggers a script, in the script I am opening (or trying to) open the results csv via %SPLUNK_ARG_8% (This is a windows system). However this file is compressed with gz. Is there a way to configure splunk to provide the results as an uncompressed csv?

Tags (2)
0 Karma

martin_mueller
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

You could use Python's gzip module to read the file as-is: https://docs.python.org/2/library/gzip.html

martin_mueller
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

You can use Python for alert scripts on Windows without installing another interpreter, Splunk will use its own.

0 Karma

knutsod
Path Finder

Can I specify a python script in the alert configuration, I was under the impression that on windows I could only use batch. Also if I can use python, will splunk use the python interpreter it ships with or do I need to install another on on the system?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...