Alerting

Script Alert Argument?

hjwang
Contributor

Hi~All

Does Splunk support only and just 8 argument to pass to alert script? Can I customize these arguments which is generated from search result and pass it to alert script? By the way, does script alert support javascript?

$0 = Script name
$1 = Number of events returned
$2 = Search terms
$3 = Fully qualified query string
$4 = Name of saved search
$5 = Trigger reason (i.e. "The number of events was greater than 1")
$6 = Browser URL to view the saved search
$7 = This option has been deprecated and is no longer used
$8 = File where the results for this search are stored (contains raw results) 

thanks in advance!!

Tags (1)
0 Karma

Bulluk
Path Finder

I hit upon the same issue and ended up using the powershell app to orchestrate the searches. This way I can pass unlimited arguments in via the REST API and handle the results in the PS script

0 Karma

melonman
Motivator

Hi,

I was looking for the answer to the same question as yours, but I ended up with the use of $8, which is the path to the compressed search result as results.csv.gz in splunk's var/run/splunk/dispatch directory.

Modifying the JS would also work, but I am afraid the modification you make probably will be overwritten when you upgrade the splunk software.

Better check with Splunk support.

0 Karma

sdaniels
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

It looks like there may be a way to do it but you'll have to make some modifications to config files and scripts. I would recommend backing up any files first of course so you can roll back.

http://splunk-base.splunk.com/answers/32385/alert-script-and-severity

0 Karma

deepus2000

I am also looking for the same .. Any idea ?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Announcing Scheduled Export GA for Dashboard Studio

We're excited to announce the general availability of Scheduled Export for Dashboard Studio. Starting in ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Watch Now!   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to leverage ...

More Control Over Your Monitoring Costs with Archived Metrics GA in US-AWS!

What if there was a way you could keep all the metrics data you need while saving on storage costs?This is now ...