Alerting

Getting dates, times in alert emails into a consistent format

HarAtWork
Explorer

Splunk randomly varies the style in which dates and times are available. In an alert email, $job.trigger_date$ comes out as "March 04, 2023", and then I have to have it display $job.trigger_timeHMS$ afterwards to get "21:45:06 -0500". On the other hand, $job.earliestTime$ comes out "2023-03-04T20:00:00.000-05 00" and $job.latestTime comes out similarly.

Is there a way to get them all to come out consistently formatted like "March 4, 2023, 21:45:06"? (And then I can suffix it with "Eastern Time".)

Labels (1)
Tags (3)
0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

https://ideas.splunk.com

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.
0 Karma

HarAtWork
Explorer

That's the home page of a posting board.

0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

It's where we go to suggest enhancements and report problems such as this one.  There's no much else we can do about inconsistencies in Splunk's code.

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.

HarAtWork
Explorer

Oh, I see. I didn't realize you were telling me what I now think you're telling me, that there isn't currently any solution for achieving the result I was looking for.

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Stay Connected: Your Guide to May Tech Talks, Office Hours, and Webinars!

Take a look below to explore our upcoming Community Office Hours, Tech Talks, and Webinars this month. This ...

They're back! Join the SplunkTrust and MVP at .conf24

With our highly anticipated annual conference, .conf, comes the fez-wearers you can trust! The SplunkTrust, as ...

Enterprise Security Content Update (ESCU) | New Releases

Last month, the Splunk Threat Research Team had two releases of new security content via the Enterprise ...