Alerting

EventCode 4738 for real time alert problems with Delays.

jkeellogic
Explorer

I have a real time alert set for admin accounts whenever they make a change and create Event code 4738. All client UF are running win 2012r2 . Spunk support was with me one day and we fine delays in index time. some client work within minutes while other take hours later or the next day. Another issue related is listing all Domain Controller and some are missing with the command below.
index=winevents source="WinEventLog:Security" | rare limit=50 host
All Domain Controller should come up as they are all the same hardware, OS, patch level & same UF installed.
Upgrading the UF from 6.2.3 to 6.2.7 did not help.
Also upgrade my Heavy Forwarder to 6.2.7 did not help.
I have no load issues with my index cluster and all system log from the DC index, but 4738 Security logs don't.
How can I fix this? or bet way to debug between UF to HF to Indexers?

0 Karma

DalJeanis
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

First, try this...

earliest=-1h@h latest=+2y  index=winevents source="WinEventLog:Security" 
| stats max(time) as maxtime count by host 
| rename maxtime as _time

Check if any events are future-dated, and check to make sure that every host is present.

I would not use rare in this situation, since it limits the number of results.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

Splunk is officially part of Cisco

Revolutionizing how our customers build resilience across their entire digital footprint.   Splunk ...

Splunk APM & RUM | Planned Maintenance March 26 - March 28, 2024

There will be planned maintenance for Splunk APM and RUM between March 26, 2024 and March 28, 2024 as ...