Alerting

Error Code=3

mbarbaro
Path Finder

06-26-2017 15:30:54.878 +0200 WARN sendmodalert - action=sendmail_action - Alert action script returned error code=3

Hello, someone know what mens error code 3 ???

Thanks in advance

japger_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

If this issue was resolved, what was the fix? Permissions? Thanks.

0 Karma

Statixs
Engager

Hi Mbarbaro,

I have had the same error for my own technical addon and by looking at the source code of the alerts script, error code 3 seems related to input parameters not being correctly parsed or value None (null), resulting in the alert script to quit.

If you are trying to add search results to the email message, use the $result.$ to add that specific field value. For example, if you want to add the value of the field user from your search results, this would be accomplished with $result.user$

0 Karma

Richfez
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Could you provide the exact Splunk version you are working with?

And is that the exact string returned?

I'd suggest perhaps narrowing down the issue by creating a new alert with a little selected as possible. Then add one thing at a time to it and see when it fails.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...