Alerting

Custom search for tabular view

chetansplunk
Engager

Hi Community,

Is there a way to get specific data from your log strings and put them in tabular format?

We have logs like activity xxxx failed for account yyyy and for user zzzz

So we need data xxxx, yyyy and zzzz as search data in tabular format for our alerts. Any help is appreciated..!

Thanking you in anticipation..!   

Labels (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

isoutamo
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi

This is one of Splunk's basic features. You can pick fields/words/values from log events and then analysis / present those. For your above examples you can do it like:

| makeresults
| eval _raw="activity xxxx failed for account yyyy and for user zzzz"
``` above generate sample data, replace whit your base query ```
| rex "activity (?<activity>[^\s]+) failed for account (?<account>[^\s]+) and for user (?<user>[^s]+)"
| table activity account user

For more examples and trainings you should look e.g. https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/8.2.4/SearchTutorial/WelcometotheSearchTutorial

r. Ismo 

View solution in original post

isoutamo
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi

This is one of Splunk's basic features. You can pick fields/words/values from log events and then analysis / present those. For your above examples you can do it like:

| makeresults
| eval _raw="activity xxxx failed for account yyyy and for user zzzz"
``` above generate sample data, replace whit your base query ```
| rex "activity (?<activity>[^\s]+) failed for account (?<account>[^\s]+) and for user (?<user>[^s]+)"
| table activity account user

For more examples and trainings you should look e.g. https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/8.2.4/SearchTutorial/WelcometotheSearchTutorial

r. Ismo 

chetansplunk
Engager

Thank you so much.. It helped..

0 Karma

SinghK
Builder

Will need more info, what sourcetype you are using. As there may be a addon which can do field extractions needed here.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...