Alerting

Can the webhook payload for an alert be configured?

Is it possible to configure the webhook payload for an alert? I would like to send alerts to BigPanda which requires the payload to contain a specific set of tags in JSON format. There is a BigPanda app for on-prem versions of Splunk, but I'm trying to integrate the SaaS based version. I couldn't find an answer to this in the docs or any other questions on here.

Second question if its not possible to configure the payload - how can I call a script from the SaaS based instance of Splunk? When I choose this as an option it prompts for a path under $splunk_home, but not sure where that is in the SaaS version.

Thanks,
Steve

Labels (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

You have to go through a support ticket to get support to install Splunk apps for you into a Splunk cloud instance.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

Hi, can anyone answer the first original question of; is it possible to configure the Webhook JSON payload so that we can send our own payload and not just the default payload? Thank you. - - -CraigR

0 Karma

as @starcher said you need to check the splunkbase first and ask them to install the app if it is there. Splunkbase is a catalogue of cloud add-ons. If it is not there you need to fire another ticket, the application should go through the vetting process, and you will get a vetting report.

0 Karma

SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

You have to go through a support ticket to get support to install Splunk apps for you into a Splunk cloud instance.

View solution in original post

0 Karma
State of Splunk Careers

Access the Splunk Careers Report to see real data that shows how Splunk mastery increases your value and job satisfaction.

Find out what your skills are worth!