Alerting

Alerts not being triggered, and server errors

nalagito
Loves-to-Learn Lots

We are using this license: Splunk Enterprise Term License - No Enforcement 6.5

I am an administrator, when I try to create a new alert, I get "server error", also, when I check the splunkd log, I see the following:

11-17-2023 11:03:02.381 +0000 ERROR AdminManager - Argument "app" is not supported by this handler.

I investigated all of this after seeing these warnings in the scheduler.log:

11-17-2023 07:35:00.513 +0000 WARN SavedSplunker - Savedsearch scheduling cannot be inherited from another user's search. Schedule ignored for savedsearch_id="nobody;search;Proxy NGINX Errors Alert"
11-17-2023 07:35:00.513 +0000 WARN SavedSplunker - Savedsearch scheduling cannot be inherited from another user's search. Schedule ignored for savedsearch_id="nobody;search;Proxy issue"
11-17-2023 07:35:00.513 +0000 WARN SavedSplunker - Savedsearch scheduling cannot be inherited from another user's search. Schedule ignored for savedsearch_id="nobody;search;Failed linux logins Clone8"

I also saw the license manager, sometimes we are exceding the quota, but as far as i investigated, this doesnt remove the alerting functionalities...

Labels (3)
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Enter the Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge for Your Chance to Win!

The Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge is underway! This is your chance to showcase your skills in creating ...

.conf24 | Session Scheduler is Live!!

.conf24 is happening June 11 - 14 in Las Vegas, and we are thrilled to announce that the conference catalog ...

Introducing the Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge!

Welcome to Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge! This is your chance to showcase your skills in creating ...