but I don't get any alert

Thank you,

Labels (2)
0 Karma
1 Solution

venkatasri
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @ajromero I don't find age field in your table command, there could be other reasons.

• age > 900 condition might not met, you can try same query in UI with | where age > 900 at the end exactly select time similar to schedule window. Lower age threshold and retry.
  • Your role/user assigned to these alerts to run alerts might not be having schedule search capability. You can run following query to find out what exactly happening with your search

index=_internal sourcetype="scheduler" savedsearch_name=<your_search_name>​

• While configuring alert in UI ,Trigger Action under Alerts should be selected to Email and provide the correct email
  • could be issues while sending email to SMTP server , you can verify here. 

index=_internal source="/opt/splunk/var/log/splunk/python.log" subject="<your_email_subject>" sendemail ERROR​

----------

An upvote would be appreciated if it helps!

View solution in original post

0 Karma

venkatasri
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @ajromero 

Can you try this works? added age field to table command.

index="wineventlog" user="*.COM" OR user="*"
| head 1 | eval age = now() - _time
|table _time user name age

----

0 Karma

ajromero
Path Finder

Hi,

I already have the age field in the table and it doesn't do it

index="wineventlog" user="*.COM" OR user="*"
| head 1 | eval age = now() - _time
|table _time user name

thanks

0 Karma

venkatasri
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @ajromero I don't find age field in your table command, there could be other reasons.

• age > 900 condition might not met, you can try same query in UI with | where age > 900 at the end exactly select time similar to schedule window. Lower age threshold and retry.
  • Your role/user assigned to these alerts to run alerts might not be having schedule search capability. You can run following query to find out what exactly happening with your search

index=_internal sourcetype="scheduler" savedsearch_name=<your_search_name>​

• While configuring alert in UI ,Trigger Action under Alerts should be selected to Email and provide the correct email
  • could be issues while sending email to SMTP server , you can verify here. 

index=_internal source="/opt/splunk/var/log/splunk/python.log" subject="<your_email_subject>" sendemail ERROR​

----------

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Splunk Platform | Upgrading your Splunk Deployment to Python 3.9

Splunk initially announced the removal of Python 2 during the release of Splunk Enterprise 8.0.0, aiming to ...

From Product Design to User Insights: Boosting App Developer Identity on Splunkbase

co-authored by Yiyun Zhu & Dan Hosaka Engaging with the Community at .conf24 At .conf24, we revitalized the ...

Detect and Resolve Issues in a Kubernetes Environment

We’ve gone through common problems one can encounter in a Kubernetes environment, their impacts, and the ...