Splunk Search

modify date of search

cipi23

how to modify time after a search, for example i search something on thirst day of week (08 date) and after i would like to search on last week first day (01 date) all this search is in one search. In classic programming i will be use for loop

Tags (1)
0 Karma

cipi23

i have to display count of hosnames, that have last_seen >30 days, in first day of week:

for 08.07.19 count number of hostnames that have last_seen >30 days
for 01.07.19 count number of hostnames that have last_seen >30 days
for 24.06.19 count number of hostnames that have last_seen >30 days
for 17.06.19 count number of hostnames that have last_seen >30 days

the output will be:
week1 count
week2 count
week3 count
week4 count

all this i need to do in one search

0 Karma

woodcock
Esteemed Legend

First of all, be aware that you can set your personal timezone in <Your Name> -> Preferences -> Time zone and then you can avoid all of your strftime stuff; if you do that, then this should work:

index=en_amp_api earliest=@w1 latest=@w2
| timechart span=1w count
0 Karma

woodcock
Esteemed Legend

First of all, be aware that you can set your personal timezone in <Your Name> -> Preferences -> Time zone and then you can avoid all of your strftime stuff; try this:

index=en_amp_api earliest=@w1 latest=@w2
| eval week=case(
   last_seen<strftime(relative_time(_time,"-4w"),"%Y-%m-%dT%H:%M:%SZ"), "week1",
   last_seen<strftime(relative_time(_time,"-4w"),"%Y-%m-%dT%H:%M:%SZ"), "week2",
   last_seen<strftime(relative_time(_time,"-4w"),"%Y-%m-%dT%H:%M:%SZ"), "week3",
   last_seen<strftime(relative_time(_time,"-4w"),"%Y-%m-%dT%H:%M:%SZ"), "week4",
   true(), "other")
| stats count BY week
0 Karma

tiagofbmm
Influencer

either you're willing to run 4 searches, one for each week, which can be done like this:

| makeresults | eval earliest=<week2_begins>, latest=<week1_ends>, weeknumber=1
| append [ | makeresults | eval earliest=<week2_begins>, latest=<week2_ends>, weeknumber=2 ]
| append [ | makeresults | eval earliest=<week3_begins>, latest=<week3_ends>,weeknumber=3 ]
| append [ | makeresults | eval earliest=<week4_begins>, latest=<week4_ends>, weeknumber=4 ]
| map search="search  index=en_amp_api  earliest=$earliest$ latest=$latest$ | eval description=$weeknumber$"

Or you specify earliest and latest that includes all the 4 weeks

index=<yourindex> earliest=<week1_begins> latest=<week4_ends>  | stats sum(eval(if(last_seen<strftime(relative_time(_time,"-4w"),"%Y-%m-%dT%H:%M:%SZ"),1,0))) as "week1", sum(eval(if(strftime(relative_time(_time,"-4w"),"%Y-%m-%dT%H:%M:%SZ")<last_seen AND last_seen<strftime(relative_time(_time,"-3w"),"%Y-%m-%dT%H:%M:%SZ"),1,0))) as "week2"
0 Karma

tiagofbmm
Influencer

You can specify search (earliest=x latest=y) OR (earliest=w latest=z)

0 Karma

cipi23
index=en_amp_api
 earliest=@w1 latest=@w2
| eval description1=case(last_seen<strftime(relative_time(_time,"-4w"),"%Y-%m-%dT%H:%M:%SZ"),"week1")
| eval description2=case(last_seen<strftime(relative_time(_time,"-4w"),"%Y-%m-%dT%H:%M:%SZ"),"week2")
| eval description3=case(last_seen<strftime(relative_time(_time,"-4w"),"%Y-%m-%dT%H:%M:%SZ"),"week3")
| eval description4=case(last_seen<strftime(relative_time(_time,"-4w"),"%Y-%m-%dT%H:%M:%SZ"),"week4")
| stats count(description1) as week1,count(description2) as week2,count(description3) as week3,count(description4) as week4

this is my code and i would like to modify earliest and latest for each case

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing Splunk Enterprise 9.2

WATCH HERE! Watch this Tech Talk to learn about the latest features and enhancements shipped in the new Splunk ...

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...

Routing logs with Splunk OTel Collector for Kubernetes

The Splunk Distribution of the OpenTelemetry (OTel) Collector is a product that provides a way to ingest ...