Splunk Search

[hdfsprovider] Error in 'lookup' command: Could not find all of the specified lookup fields in the lookup table

dannili
Communicator

Hi all, I have a CSV lookup file to map with one field in my indexed data. The search was working perfectly before, but today, my search returned 0 results with this alert:

[hdfsprovider] Error in 'lookup' command: Could not find all of the specified lookup fields in the lookup table.

This is my search:

index=skype_session  | rex "FromIPAddr\"\"\:\"\"(?<FromIPAddr>[^\"]+)\"\"\,\"\"ToIPAddr\"\"" |  rex "ToIPAddr\"\"\:\"\"(?<ToIPAddr>[^\"]+)\"\"\,\"\"FromBssid\"\""    | rex "MediaStartTime\"\"\:\"\"(?<MediaStartTime>[^\"]+)\." | rex "MediaEndTime\"\"\:\"\"(?<MediaEndTime>[^\"]+)\." |  rex "(?<FromUri>[a-zA-Z0-9_\-\.]+@[a-zA-Z0-9_\-\.]+\.[a-zA-Z]{2,5})\",\"(?<ToUri>[a-zA-Z0-9_\-\.]+@[a-zA-Z0-9_\-\.]+\.[a-zA-Z]{2,5})" | 
    lookup staff.csv email AS FromUri  | dedup FromUri |  where FromIPAddr!="" | stats count by department | sort - count

staff.csv looks like this (denoted with comma UTF-8): I wanted to check if indexed field FromUri exists in an email field in the lookup, and if yes, output the department field in the lookup.

|email|department|
|--------|-----------------|
|--------|-----------------|
I checked other questions and there are some stating maybe the Splunk version and .conf issues. But I didn't change .conf and my Splunk version is 6.5.2.

Does anyone know how to solve this? Thanks!

0 Karma

bhavikbhalodia
Path Finder

Hi Dannili,

Check this thing with the use of KV store lookup, you might get your answer.

Thanks,
Bhavik

0 Karma

vnravikumar
Champion
0 Karma

dannili
Communicator

Thanks for your comment but the problem remains. I have checked the file and there are no hidden chars. Any other suggestions?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...