Splunk Search

Why isn't table column formatting working for some rows in the following search?

ddelapasse
Explorer

Can anyone tell me why coloring on these true/false values is not working for all the rows?

alt text

Tags (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

woodcock
Esteemed Legend

The problem is that your fields are multi-valued. Add this to the end of your search and it should work fine:

| foreach streamMissing shouldBeRecording [ eval <<FIELD>> = mvdedup(<<FIELD>>) ]

View solution in original post

0 Karma

woodcock
Esteemed Legend

The problem is that your fields are multi-valued. Add this to the end of your search and it should work fine:

| foreach streamMissing shouldBeRecording [ eval <<FIELD>> = mvdedup(<<FIELD>>) ]
0 Karma

ddelapasse
Explorer

Worked perfectly. Thanks very much!

0 Karma

wagnerlucena
Explorer

Are you using table or stats command in your search ?
It is not working because there is 2 values in one unique row. I mean, the Splunk will only color the value if the value match exactly true or false, not False False or True True in same line. If you are using table commands to show the results, you will need to change to stats command.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Enhance Security Visibility with Splunk Enterprise Security 7.1 through Threat ...

(view in My Videos)Struggling with alert fatigue, lack of context, and prioritization around security ...

Troubleshooting the OpenTelemetry Collector

In this tech talk, you’ll learn how to troubleshoot the OpenTelemetry collector - from checking the ...

Adoption of Infrastructure Monitoring at Splunk

Splunk's Growth Engineering team showcases one of their first Splunk product adoption-Splunk Infrastructure ...