Splunk Search

Using a lookup to filter sourcetype

Mattjj
Explorer

Hi all,

I have a lookup instance_list, which I'm trying to use to filter my flow logs to only show the logs with the sourcetype as one of the instances I'm interested in, so:

index="sample_data" [|inputlookup instance_list | search instancename="*dc*" | lookup eni_list instanceid OUTPUT eni as sourcetype | format] | ......

There are 3-6 instances that match the search="*dc*" - running the inputlookup section on its own produces the correct list.  Unfortunately I get no results, and applying the instance names to each log then filtering results in a really slow search.

Any pointers are really welcome!

Labels (2)
0 Karma
1 Solution

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust
index="sample_data" [|inputlookup instance_list | search instancename="*dc*" | lookup eni_list instanceid OUTPUT eni as sourcetype | fields sourcetype ] | ......

View solution in original post

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust
index="sample_data" [|inputlookup instance_list | search instancename="*dc*" | lookup eni_list instanceid OUTPUT eni as sourcetype | fields sourcetype ] | ......

Mattjj
Explorer

Works perfectly, thanks!

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Enhance Security Visibility with Splunk Enterprise Security 7.1 through Threat ...

(view in My Videos)Struggling with alert fatigue, lack of context, and prioritization around security ...

Troubleshooting the OpenTelemetry Collector

In this tech talk, you’ll learn how to troubleshoot the OpenTelemetry collector - from checking the ...

Adoption of Infrastructure Monitoring at Splunk

Splunk's Growth Engineering team showcases one of their first Splunk product adoption-Splunk Infrastructure ...