Splunk Search

How to pull out values from a lookup file based on user input without having to run any search commands or search through any logs?

ryanprice22

I have created a dashboard that allows for a user to input a public IP address and based on the input, pull back any data associated with that IP into various panels. On one of the panels I would like to pull out the values from a lookup file that I have created based on the user input without having to do any search commands or search through any logs.

Sudo code
$x.x.x.x$ = user input token

src_ip=$x.x.x.x$ | lookup ip_table IP as src_ip OUTPUT Company, Location

0 Karma
1 Solution

walkerhound
Path Finder

I am not sure if this answers your question because it involves a search. Maybe you could use inputlookup.

|inputlookup ip_table |where IP=$x.x.x.x$|fields Company, Location

View solution in original post

0 Karma

walkerhound
Path Finder

I am not sure if this answers your question because it involves a search. Maybe you could use inputlookup.

|inputlookup ip_table |where IP=$x.x.x.x$|fields Company, Location

0 Karma

ryanprice22

Genius! It's so simple and that is exactly what I was looking didn't even think about using the where in the search. Thanks.

0 Karma

ryanprice22

Looking for more help on this. I came across this scenario when no results came back from the lookup table, but I still want to do something with the IP.

Ex.
| inputlookup tablename | where IP="x.x.x.x" | stats count | eval result=if(count==0, IP, Company) | iplocation IP | fields IP, Company, City, Region, Country

So basically if no results come back I still want to return the Geo information on the IP. If there are results then I want the results from the lookup and also return the Geo information.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...