Splunk Search

How to make multiple searches combine into a table?

Russ
Explorer

Disclaimer - Fairly New to Splunk

I'm stuck on building a table for a dashboard.
I would like to list a table of Computer Names with columns displaying the last 5min average values for CPU% / Mem% / DiskTransfers / etc

The search is 

index=azure sourcetype="mscs:azure:eventhub:vmmetrics" body.Computer=* body.ObjectName="Processor" 
| stats first(body.CounterValue) by body.Computer

That gives me the last Processor value for each Computer. (I cant do 5min average - that can be a bonus point answer !)

How would I add the same search into the table but with replacing the body.ObjectName field value for
body.ObjectName="Memory" 
and then 
body.ObjectName="DiskTransfers" 

and then combine that into one table .

Thanks for helping 🙂

Labels (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

bowesmana
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Use chart instead of stats

| chart first(CounterValue) over body.Computer by body.CounterName

View solution in original post

Russ
Explorer

Thanks for the reply - yes - that's going the right way. I appreciate that  answering questions, when you cant see the data is best effort.

That does produce a table ('body.objectname' has become 'body.CounterName') as you can see.

index=azure sourcetype="mscs:azure:eventhub:vmmetrics" body.Computer=* (body.CounterName="% Processor Time" OR body.CounterName="% Committed Bytes In Use" OR body.CounterName="Disk Transfers/sec")
| eval CounterValue=round('body.CounterValue',0)
| stats first(CounterValue) by body.Computer body.CounterName

Russ_4-1661301747612.png

DO you know how I would get the body.CounterName fields to be the column headers?

ComputernameCPU%MEM%DiskRate
Comp134534
Comp25562

etc

Do you join up multiple searches or perhaps transpose or can you do a Stats field by field by field?

0 Karma

bowesmana
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Use chart instead of stats

| chart first(CounterValue) over body.Computer by body.CounterName

Russ
Explorer

Yes - chart did the trick! Thanks

0 Karma

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Without the benefit of seeing your events data, try something like this:

index=azure sourcetype="mscs:azure:eventhub:vmmetrics" body.Computer=* (body.ObjectName="Processor" OR body.ObjectName="Memory" OR body.ObjectName="DiskTransfers")
| stats first(body.CounterValue) by body.Computer body.ObjectName
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Enhance Security Visibility with Splunk Enterprise Security 7.1 through Threat ...

(view in My Videos)Struggling with alert fatigue, lack of context, and prioritization around security ...

Troubleshooting the OpenTelemetry Collector

In this tech talk, you’ll learn how to troubleshoot the OpenTelemetry collector - from checking the ...

Adoption of Infrastructure Monitoring at Splunk

Splunk's Growth Engineering team showcases one of their first Splunk product adoption-Splunk Infrastructure ...