Splunk Search

How to find address from gps coordinates specified in a field and write the address to a new field?

RohiniJindam
Path Finder

I need to use the latitude and longitude co-ordinates specified in my field gps and find address of the location the co-ordinates point to(reverse geocoding). Eventually add this address to a new field named location. The gps field has values as follows: "39.737756,-104.989286". How do i go about doing this? Any suggestion is welcome.

Tags (1)
0 Karma

martin_mueller
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

If you have a service that does the translation (lat,lng) -> address then you can write a custom search command for splunk in python that triggers this service and adds a field to the events containing the response from the service.

RohiniJindam
Path Finder

Thank you for your reply. Will go through the custom search command related docs. FWIW I have a javascript snippet which performs the translation.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Troubleshooting the OpenTelemetry Collector

In this tech talk, you’ll learn how to troubleshoot the OpenTelemetry collector - from checking the ...

Adoption of Infrastructure Monitoring at Splunk

Splunk's Growth Engineering team showcases one of their first Splunk product adoption-Splunk Infrastructure ...

Modern way of developing distributed application using OTel

Recently, I had the opportunity to work on a complex microservice using Spring boot and Quarkus to develop a ...